Saturday, February 18, 2023

Saving paper, I am now

Printing seems easy enough, and in actuality it is. After you are finished with said document, save and print. This is what I have done for years. I never bothered to look at all the other options. But in participating in an information systems class (entry level) I have since seen the error in my ways. I can save paper y'all! I can print more than one page per sheet, scale to fit the paper size, and print on both sides of the paper. Full disclosure, I come from an era that after printing on one side I would then have to take out said page and then figure out how to orient the page so it would one, print on the back side and two not upside down. But now I realized my printer will do that for me. I can adjust margins even look at the printer properties and do a little something something if I need to. Before, I'd call on my husband to figure things out. Mind I still do, but at least I can say I tried x,y, and z. There is so much more to printing than I realized and what I am writing about. Funny, never thought I'd get bit excited about the different options you have to print a document but I am definitely excited about saving paper.

10 comments:

  1. So glad 3.3.1 Printing Options in Office Applications showed you how to explore various printing options such as 2-sided :-)

    In certain Office applications such as PowerPoint, there are more printing options such as 1,3, or 6 slides on a single page/side!

    Saving paper during printing is good thing ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes saving paper is good. I also was excited to use that printing option on scaling and putting 2 papers on the same side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The use of printing options are definitely useful. Luckily, I don't have to print much paper anymore as I primarily print to PDF for my job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to "Go Green" since I can remember. It's great to hear that you're discovering the many printing options available to you, and that you're excited about saving paper. I learned about printing multiple pages per sheet, scale to fit the paper size, and print on both sides of the paper can make a big difference in reducing paper waste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had to figure out how to print two sided papers manually as well, as I had an older printer. Saving paper is amazing and I'm glad I've learned how too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chinese people will reuse one-side-printed papers to save papers at max.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you found that options in print. I think I wrote similar post about printing in my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel as if I have a pretty heavy carbon footprint due to my 3D printing and plastic waste, it's good to know that there are these printing options to help me save paper where ever and whenever I can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure that trees all over the world will greatly appreciate you from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mostly use my usb drive if I need to show information to someone else physically but that's going to change when I start getting job interviews.

    ReplyDelete