Saturday, March 11, 2023

Photographs

Spring Break. I actually haven't had a spring break since 1999! And even then I was studying for my boards. So during this break I'll be working as usual, catching up on additional schoolwork but I am going to carve out some time to take photographs of my garden. I want to print them on metal and hang them on a particular wall in my home. 

This a picture of my butter lettuce with oregano and mint lettuce in the background. If one squints, you can also see cumin growing as well.

Here we have the beginnings of collard greens. I can't wait to see the end results.

I also have strawberries planted in a seed started and well as tomatoes. When they start to sprout, I'll add them to my collection of pictures and see if they make the cut to print and hang.

8 comments:

  1. Your strong work ethic of working during Spring Recess is excellent!

    Glad you are still taking time to do photography :-)

    I hope your strawberries and tomatoes make the cut to print and hang ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am squinting alright! But please enlighten me, I have not heard of mint lettuce until you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that there is evidence to suggest that gardening can have a positive impact on mental health and well-being. Studies have shown that gardening can reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety, improve mood, and increase feelings of calm and relaxation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT's why your blogger name is Garden Prosper! Have you had the opportunity to participate in a farmer's market?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's great you are a very motivated and determined person and I look up to people like you! The photograph are beautiful and I'm sure the strawberries are going to be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is impressive! The Vegas heat is unforgiving when it comes to gardens. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whether you want to grow tomato plants in a garden bed or a container, choose a spot with at least six to eight hours of direct sunlight daily. Ideally, the garden soil should be well-draining, fertile, and have a pH of 5.8 to 7, but tomato plants grow in all types of soil except clay. Garden soil may be too heavy for growing plants in containers, so add compost or perlite or use potting soil. When planting, remove each plant's lowest leaves and set the root ball in a hole deep enough so that only the top cluster of leaves is aboveground. This planting depth is essential for tomato plants, which can form roots along their stems. These extra roots help anchor the plant, especially when starting with tall, leggy transplants, and allow for better uptake of water and nutrients.

    ReplyDelete