Saturday, March 18, 2023

Seems Simple Enough?

PivotTables. They seem simple enough and in fact appear quite useful in evaluating large amounts of data and information. The mastery of creating them seems to allude me at the moment. I understand its concept and the ease to extract different bits of information from the data without going through the entire spreadsheet. One can pick and choose what to look at in a given time and create charts based on the information. It isn't hard, and suspect with practice it will become easier. I think it is the way my brain works. It has always been hard for me to visualize where things should go. It is not a skill I have and it tends to make things difficult or longer to grasp.

With this in mind and with my notes, I do have a project on the horizon. That is to account for where all my money is going. I do believe PivotTables will be of great help.

8 comments:

  1. Accounting for where one's money goes is definitely important!

    Very glad to hear 5.10.2 PivotTables can help with your project on the horizon ^_^

    You will master using the pivot tables :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like Pivot tables too and that's a great idea to make a pivot table "to account for where all your money is going" 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW you apply what you learn in reality. Hope you can control your expense and make more money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, kudos to you. Personally, the less I know the better. At least financially, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pivot tables and personal finance... Hmmmmm you know that doesn't seem like a bad idea at all! Especially with how long some monthly bank statements can get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a solid project! I do agree with you though, mastering pivot tables will certainly take some time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pivot tables are quite interesting. During this course was the first time I ever encountered them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although it's a lot of fun dragging fields around a pivot table, and watching Excel churn out yet another unusual representation of the data, you can find yourself going down a lot of unproductive rabbit holes very easily. An hour later, it's not so fun anymore. Before you start building, jot down what you are trying to measure or understand and sketch out a few simple reports on a notepad. These simple notes will help guide you through the huge number of choices you have at your disposal. Keep things simple and focus on the questions you need to answer.

    ReplyDelete