Saturday, April 29, 2023

It's almost over.

 The class is almost over and I sit here wondering if I can power through the next two to three weeks. It has been a long time since I was in school and I am definitely older. My drive is different and my energy level is WAY different. I used to love going to school an learning different things. I never loved being tested on the subjects I was learning nor the feeling of competing with other students. I just wanted hear and learn about the different topics. I see other students in my class who are aiming to go beyond what is required and I think, that used to be me. What has changed? Is my age or has it been my life experiences. I don't know. All I can think about now is, it's almost over, thank God. 

Soon, I'll be on to the next subjects that are required for my certification and I'm sure I be just like I am now towards the end... Thank God it is almost over.

8 comments:

  1. The Spring 2023 semester may be reaching its conclusion but one's digital literacy journey is constantly evolving and never-ending ^_^

    I think for you -- someone who has an established career and the certificate you are pursuing is not directly adding to your career field -- the need to compete with less career-established classmates and the gain from going above-and-beyond what's required for IS101 are far less!

    I would like to see you use the luxury of the remaining two weeks to improve your test-taking skills by preparing for and take on Bonus Quiz 12 Microsoft Excel 2019 and Spreadsheet Analysis & BQ13 Apex of Excel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you mean about having a different drive. Personally, I still have a lot to explore and I've only just begun to discover the world I want to experience someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like burn out and that's completely understandable given the demands of school, especially when you're older and have different priorities and responsibilities. You're not alone, especially toward the end of the semester when there are deadlines and exams to worry about. It's okay to take a break and give yourself some time to recharge, whether that means taking a day off or just taking a few hours to do something that you enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been doing fantastic in this class and you have shown that despite taking so much time away from school, you still got it! It was a pleasure being in this class with you! Cheers and good luck on your future endeavors! You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are doing correctly. Hope you can get more and more required certificates and boost your career.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also glad the end of this semester is around the corner although I still have a lot of work to catch up on, I know I will achieve my end goal and so will you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some classes might harder than this one. This class is a 101 after all. Don't stress though if you manage your time and keep moving forward, you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete