Saturday, May 13, 2023

What's going on?

I was at the orthodontist and I noticed that almost everyone in the office were wearing Jordans. Can someone tell me what the fascination /borderline obsession with these shoes are? The staff and well as a patient were discussing the types and colors they had, how many they have and if they have the protection thingies for the shoes, blah blah blah.  I'm sure as you can tell I am not a sneaker head  however I AM a lover of shoes. But these Jordans, I just can't wrap my head around it. I just cannot unsee how many people I come across that have a pair.

In my mind I wonder why in a world where people claim they want to be individuals, clever and unique we really don't want to.  This is evident with the Jordans, the Louis Vuitton's, Stanley cups, lip fillers, BBLs, the removal of buccal fat from the face and the list goes on. Don't get me wrong , I too am not immune. But I have two vintage Louis bags that I won't wear because EVERYONE has one, real or otherwise. Quietly I'm a bit vexed about it.

I guess these are the "it" shoes and bags. Symbolizing, in my opinion we are more like sheep than we want to admit.




7 comments:

  1. Chasing fashion trend? Wanting to fit in? Combination of both?

    It's good that you are vexed that EVERYONE has a Luis Vuitton so you won't wear yours :-)

    You don't want to blend into the crowd; you definitely stand out in IS101-3003, Spring 2023 ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like there is always some sort of "trend" making its rounds every few years. Jordans are probably here to stay though they have always been massively popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also don't understand the fascination people have for Jordans, but maybe I'm just not into that trend. I'm not a big shoe person but I do enjoy jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never bought Jordan shoes for myself or my son. Louis Vuitton? I'd rather have money inside my purse than buy one and be broke! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like Jordans because the soles feel bad. Nike ZoomX or Adidas Ultra Boost are more comfortable. Non-basketball players like them because of Bandwagon effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been victim of falling for the typical trends these past few years. However, don't refrain from wearing your LV bags simply because of the "trends". :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jordans are relatively easy to get hold of for an affordable price. A pair of 1 mids are within the 'once in a while treat' budget for a lot of people, so the barrier for entry is pretty low and the design looks good for the price.

    ReplyDelete